Somehow January and February went by really fast. Maybe I am spending too much time with my blog and having fun? Anyway, I am not a big fan of January and February (sorry, guys), but I love the promise that March brings.
Though this year I think it will bring more madness than usual.
Before we get into that, let me see if February was successful…
- I ran 94 miles (just a little bit short of my 100 miles in January – but then the month was short 2 days…). Running was excellent this month. I discovered a few new routes. I ran with my running buddies.
- I introduced weight and upper body training to my workout routine. It makes me feel much more balanced. Need to work on continuing with it. My legs, bums, tums instructor left, so not sure yet what the new instructor will bring…
- I signed up for 2 more races in March and April.
- I ate my 5 Foods for February! I was promised a flatter stomach by eating my 5 foods (flax seed, berries, yoghurt, whole grain, water). I am not sure if I continue to trust WebMD on claims like this… But without dieting I lost 7 lbs. Who am I to complain!
- I cross-trained with Snow Patrol twice!
This list makes me feel good actually. February was a good month! 🙂
So, here is March. All hopes high!
- I will have my first day of volunteer training for the London Ambassador program.
- I will run a 10k.
- I will volunteer at the Sport Relief Mile event and maybe rub shoulders with some celebs… Or just hand them their medal…
- Half Marathon training is in full swing already. Only 6 weeks to go until the Edinburgh Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon.
- A cross-training session with 3 Doors Down.
- I hope to see a March Madness game, hopefully my team in the final…
My biggest challenge will continue to be eating healthily. I have done really well in February. Now I need to learn on maintaining my healthy eating. I have been experimenting with a number of recipes that you fellow bloggers posted and so far so good. Thank you all for sharing!
I still want to shed a few more pounds and lo and behold RW arrived at my door today. I subscribe to the US edition and it has a weight loss special. Guess what I will be doing this weekend?
Wow, now I feel so much more energized for March! Bring it on! Let’s make it another great month! 🙂
Finding happiness is like finding yourself. You don’t find happiness, you make happiness. You choose happiness. Self-actualization is a process of discovering who you are, who you want to be and paving the way to happiness by doing what brings YOU the most meaning and contentment to your life over the long run.
~ David Leonhardt